WHAT A GIRL WANTS

Now, for all of us guys, how many times have we heard this expression: “Why don’t you (the man) know what I (the woman) want?” I have had this said to me many times, enough

Now, for all of us guys, how many times have we heard this expression: “Why don’t you (the man) know what I (the woman) want?”

I have had this said to me many times, enough to hear it in my sleep. Usually, there is a hint of emotional frustration with this statement.

There are two responses to this question. On the passive end there is, “Baby, I know what you want from this relationship.” For the more gutsy and less sensitive type, the guy can reply, “Why don’t you tell me what you want!”

A woman expects a man to say and do the right thing all the time, and when he doesn’t she inevitably gets mad and storms out of the room. The truth is we don’t know what to do, and we definitely don’t know what to say.

One more thing to the ladies: there is no right answer to the question, “Does this make me look fat?” so stop asking. All you’re doing is making us insane.

Men may not know exactly what women want, but we understand what they don’t want. Actually, this is because of trial and error.

I believe that a woman wants what she can’t always have from one man. If one guy could give her emotional stability, she would want a guy who is more spontaneous and fun. Plain and simple, they want more than company. That can be accomplished by having a pet or being up close and personal with their telephone. A woman wants a love story where she is the main character, the focus of all the attention.

Specifically, women desire something like a romantic walk in the park by the river, an occasional evening dinner at the Brasserie Peirre–or surprises. I want to stress surprises because I feel that they are the only way to remind a woman how special she is to you.

The best part of the whole surprise theme is that there are so many variations of it. For example, you can get her gifts, like flowers, cards and sweets.

Pick what you want, but understand that quantity may be more important than quality (they don’t even have to be sentimental!). I prefer the latter, but that has been an unwise decision at times. Although all the gifts and surprises are nice in thought (and fairly simple to accomplish), what is a relationship without any exchange of heartfelt emotions, especially love and understanding?

I think these are what the woman wants most because without the emotions everything else is trivial. The fact that all actions, gifts, and surprises have a sentimental value behind them makes it that much more significant and special.

So, what is the answer to the question of what a woman wants? Well, you won’t find it flipping through an issue of Cosmo or Vogue. The key is listening and showing a hint of compassion.

Determining the answer is something like a science. A guy can’t get the relationship right the first time, so he tries until he starts to get it right.