Another Owl will likely enter the professional ranks of the WNBA Wednesday.
Kamesha Hairston is a “contender to go in the first round” of the WNBA Draft, according to WNBA.com. The 6-foot forward from Toledo, Ohio, would join Candice Dupree, the sixth overall pick last year, as the second Temple player ever selected in the WNBA Draft.
The WNBA Draft will be broadcast on ESPN2 Wednesday at 1 p.m. Here are some highlights from Hairston’s final season in a Temple uniform:
- Named the 2007 Atlantic Ten Conference Player of the Year; Named to the A-10 First Team and All-Defensive Team in the same year
- Named to the 2007 Associated Press Honorable Mention All-America Team
- Led the Owls in scoring (18.9 points per game), rebounding (8.6 boards per game), steals (61) and double-doubles (12) as a senior;
- Ended the season with the 23rd-best scoring average in the nation.
- Scored a career-high 34 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and played all 45 minutes of the Owls’ 85-80 overtime road win against Florida at the O’Connell Center Jan. 2.
- Finished her career with 1,573 points to rank fourth among Temple’sall-time scoring leaders, behind Marilyn Stephens, Dupree and Pam Balogh, respectively.