Editorial Board: Keep on truckin’

The annual Lunchies insert celebrates food truck culture.

Out of all the important decisions a Temple student makes in a day, this issue we decided to focus on one – where to get lunch.

Our annual Lunchies insert, which began more than 10 years ago, recognizes excellence in food truck dining.

In this year’s Lunchies insert, we’ve named our Top 10 food trucks, chosen via a staff-wide vote. We’ve shared our go-to orders, too.

Because we are far from being cuisine aficionados, we’ve also included the Top 10 Trucks as Voted By Students, gathered via an online poll.

Temple’s food truck scene offers meals varying in sizes, price ranges and especially ethnic background. We explore the Eastern European heritage – and even family ties – of many food truck owners on Page L1.

While the Temple News staff may consider itself well-versed in truck knowledge, we recognize that not every student has ventured outside of his or her Sodexo meal plan. To inspire a lunch truck adventure of one’s own, one freshman documented her first food truck experience on page L3.

We also explore the primping a truck gets to be lunch crowd-ready before it hits Temple’s campus. Fishtown company Brands Imaging creates and installs the vinyl wrapping on many trucks on Main Campus, profiled on L1.

Whether you eat breakfast for lunch at Richie’s, dine with chopsticks at the Sushi and Dim Sum Busz or prefer to drink your meal at the Fruit Truck, dig into this year’s edition of The Lunchies.