Just be a man about it

Three single women share their encounters with love, lust and lies as they continue the search for their soul mates this October. Following the success of their latest stage play, “Lord, Why Do I Keep

Three single women share their encounters with love, lust and lies as they continue the search for their soul mates this October.

Following the success of their latest stage play, “Lord, Why Do I Keep Choosing the Wrong Man,” writers Emmanuel Seegars and Curtis Dean come together with an all-star cast to present “Just Be A Man About It.”

Cynthia meets Jesse, a replica of her father. Monica is infatuated with Malik, a busy man with little time or energy. Destiny is introduced to Duke, who is looking for his own spiritual match.

In their anxiety to find true love, the characters must learn to trust their instincts first. It is too easy to be blinded by the excitement of being in a relationship.

The women are reminded of some motherly advice: What looks good is not always good for you.

The play follows each character as they balance their love lives with Bishop Seegars’ words, “Be anxious for nothing.” This spiritual force acts as an obstacle on their paths to self-destruction.

The cast includes R&B songstress Cherrelle, Tyga Graham of Silk, and Jacqueline Clark Chisholm of The Clark Sisters. Dalon Collins of Kirk Franklin and The Family, and Curtis Blake, singer and actor featured in movies such as Color Purple, round off the rest of the characters.

“Just Be A Man About It” visits The Liacouras Center Oct. 2-5. Tickets, ranging from $22.50 to $34.50, are available through The Liacouras Center Box Office or Ticketmaster.

Pooja Shah can be reached at pshaah004@temple.edu.

2 Comments