Letters to the Editor Re: Condemnation of TU Purpose

Dear Editor, Every year, the Muslim Student Association and Student for Justice and Palestine chapters are led by their own minions – the International and Democratic Socialists – in protest and condemnation of TU Purpose’s

Dear Editor,

Every year, the Muslim Student Association and Student for Justice and Palestine chapters are led by their own minions – the International and Democratic Socialists – in protest and condemnation of TU Purpose’s Islam-related events. This year, however, they have managed to add to their list the Muslim Law Students Association, National Lawyers Guild, Gamma Phi Sigma, “Hermanos Unidos” Fraternity, Project EDU, Black Law Students Association, Latin American Law Students Association and the Democratic Socialists. To the new signatories, they should be more cautious and give importance to researching the grounds on which their recruitment to protest is based, instead of caving into fear of being that kid who is always last to be picked to join a team. Joining The List is neither commendable nor beneficial for either their present or future; this list is a badge of rebels without brains. Every signatory on this List has signed a death certificate for those Muslims and non-Muslims affected by Shari’a Law.  Every signatory from here on has signed a declaration of war against Human Rights of all.

Every year, these protests are received with ridicule, for they always – without fail – seem to be  protesting an event completely different than the one actually happening inside.  Every letter that their Crayons compose evidences their utter ignorance of our events’ purpose, their organizations’ distinctive ignorance of Islam and Shari’a, and their blind commitment to stand against something not because they favor a cause for which they claim to stand – in this case, the victimized Muslims and Islam—but merely because they oppose our ever-unique embrace of information from more than just one single source.  To dare to inform others that information in deed does exist in the cleansing light of the sun just outside of the Neanderthals’ cave is the most dangerous threat to their survival. They will fight the embarrassing, bad fight and keep others in the dark for the sake of their selfish survival, while never advancing themselves or their case.

If they were to actually attend any of our events, then, perhaps, their letters and protests would be more credible but the fact that they never set foot inside our events makes their letters a joke.

What is the truth is that while Nonie Darwish and Purpose were in fact criticizing the oppressive, demoralizing, evil, homicide-condoning Islamic Code of Conduct, otherwise known as Shari’a Law, the signatories on The List – and Temple and much of its administration, faculty, career advisers, counselors and professors – all condone the provocative anti-Semitic atmosphere. All potential school donors and prospective students and their parents should be concerned with enrolling any students at this university that is ruled by Socialists, Islamists and Political Correctness.

While the majority of the student body values the rights of all human, a small number of student organizations and associations do not because they neither understand nor realize the gravity of human rights outside of the United States.

Every student group and Greek org on this List should reconsider signing up to Lists without researching what they are signing into.

On a university campus, there should be no sacred cows in terms of topic. Recent speakers at Temple have included Norman Finkelstein, who relentlessly attacked Israel and by extension, the Jewish religion (Israel is the homeland of the Jewish people) and Van Jones, the disgraced former Obama administration official who has relentlessly attacked capitalism – a pillar of the United States. Were the groups who are upset at Purpose for hosting Ms. Darwish equally upset that Finkelstein and Jones spoke on our campus? Is freedom of speech tolerated only when it suits their points of view?

Islam is a growing phenomenon. It is written about in the pages of every big-city newspaper and comes up in TV news broadcasts almost every day. While often this coverage depicts Islam in a certain light with blanket statements such as “religion of peace,” few Americans get to hear a dissenting voice from someone who was a Muslim, let alone are literally read chapter and verse from a Shari’a guidebook.

Further, with the upheaval in Egypt in recent months a still-unfolding story, we felt it valuable to offer the Temple community a speaker who had lived most of her life in Egypt and could address the situation first-hand. Egypt is an important nation geopolitically.

Author, human rights activist and public speaker Nonie Darwish offered a chance to present insights into both topics. She did not all portray Islam as an “enemy,” but instead illustrated – using actual examples from Shari’a – how it is in conflict with, and perhaps incompatible with, Western democracies.

We have no regrets about having invited Ms. Darwish to speak at Temple. She was informative and gave first-hand accounts of both topics. Her remarks about Islam’s Shari’a law, in fact, came from her own experiences and from the classic Islamic guidebook “The Reliance of the Traveller.”

As for the Muslim Students Association, additionally, it was FBI officials who testified in federal trials using documented evidence who noted the MSA’s linkage to the Muslim Brotherhood. Differing religious views are, of course, welcome in a free and open society. Encouragement of barbaric acts of terrorism or oppression should not be welcome anywhere.

While unfortunately Muslims have been victims of hate crimes, as have members of virtually every religious, ethnic, and racial and gender group, the charge of “Islamophobia” is often used as a club to stifle any attempt to criticize Islam. As FBI hate-crimes statistics bear out, the Muslim community is one of the least-targeted groups in America.

Every signatory on The List has signed a death certificate for those Muslims and non-Muslims affected by Shari’a Law.  Every signatory from here on has signed a declaration of war against Human Rights of all.

If the signatories are unaware that they have demonstrated their support against human rights, it is understandable as many fall into the trap of parasitic opportunists.  However, if the signatories have provided their support knowing they are opposing human rights, they should be ashamed.

Appreciatively,
TU Purpose E-board