Lieberman: Student names denim a ‘fall staple’

Fall time is great for layering, and denim shirts are great for wearing over cute shirt.

MAURA LIEBERMAN
Jessica Breiner said she primarily shops at Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Limerick, PA. | Luis Fernando Rodriguez TTN

Denim doesn’t have to just be worn on the bottom half of your body. In shirt form, it becomes a fall staple and can be worn with shorts and tights. Even dresses can be paired with a denim jacket. This week’s fashionista Jessica Breiner, a junior mechanical engineering major, used her denim shirt to accentuate her high waisted shorts and bold scarf.

The Temple News: Where is your outfit from?

Jessica Breiner: My shoes and scarf are from Forever 21. my shorts and shirt are from Urban Outfitters, and my denim shirt is from Target.

TTN: Where do you primarily shop?

JB: I shop mostly at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Limerick, PA. I also primarily shop at Levi’s, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Target.

TTN: What trends are you excited about for fall?

JB: Boots, tights, sweaters, dresses, scarves, high socks, and parkas.

TTN:Who is your fashion inspiration?

JB: Zooey Deschanel is my inspiration because she’s quirky and cute. Emma Watson is also my inspiration, since she could wear a bag over her head and still rock her outfit!

TTN: Do you have any tips for college students shopping on a budget?

JB: Shop clearance from nice stores and be versatile. You should be able to wear things in more than one season, like denim shirts! They’re great for every season and can be paired with anything [effectively].

TTN: What is your favorite fall staple?

JB: Denim shirts, as I mentioned before.

TTN: What are your favorite fall colors?

JB: Burgundy and navy blue.

Maura Lieberman can be reached at maura.lieberman@temple.edu