SPRING FLING OR SPRING FLOP?

Spring Fling has been deemed a homecoming of sorts, a time to enjoy the day with different types of food and booths which run down 13th Street to the Bell Tower. Much to the dismay

Spring Fling has been deemed a homecoming of sorts, a time to enjoy the day with different types of food and booths which run down 13th Street to the Bell Tower.

Much to the dismay of many students, the outdoor festivities scheduled for April 16 were pushed back to April 24 due to the cold weather and forecasted rain and even possible snow.

There were many aspects that went into the postponement decision, but mainly the pending weather.

A time to welcome warm weather and the imminent ending semester, the festivities were replaced with forecasts of rain and snow?

According to Student body president Bunmi Samuel, “The last couple of years it has rained and Spring Fling is supposed to be the highlight of the spring season and because it’s outside, weather plays a big part.”

“I think it’s good,” said student Tamara Hughes, “because last year it was cold and rainy, so hopefully the postponement will allow people to enjoy the activities and nice weather.”

With temperatures dipping down to the 50s, the outdoor festivities would have been in vain, forcing students to opt for class.

For some students the announcement of the postponement was unclear and left some wondering whether events for the entire week had been pushed back.

“The postponement was really unclear because some signs said that the street fair was canceled while others said that everything was canceled,” said sophomore Candace Henderson-Brooks. “Regardless of when it is, as long as the weather is nice it I guess it’s for the best.”

The street fair will take place next Tuesday.