SPRING SPORTS ROUNDUP

Temple freshman Tiffiany Pulaski was named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week this week. The midfielder and native of Boyertown, Pa., helped the Owls to a 2-1 record last week, tallying five total points on

Temple freshman Tiffiany Pulaski was named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week this week.

The midfielder and native of Boyertown, Pa., helped the Owls to a 2-1 record last week, tallying five total points on four goals and an assist. She had a stellar game at Ohio State on April 6, scoring two goals and assisting on another in the 15-7 Temple win.

Pulaski also scored goals against Massachusetts and Penn State. The award was her first A-10 Rookie of the Week citation.

(bold) Temple track and field

According to the most recent standings,m several Temple track and field athletes are among the year’s beat A-10 performers.

Owl sprinter Afia Brown owns the league’s best times in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes, with 11.98 and 24.46, respectively. Teammate Naomi Beverly has the second-best time in both events, with a 12.14 in the 100 and a 25.28 in the 200.

Temple’s women’s sprinting prowess extends to the relays as well. The Owl women own the A-10’s best performance of the year in the 4×100 relay with a 46.74. Temple also boasts the league’s second-best 4×400 time, with a mark of 3:56.85.

Temple thrower Rashanda Stamps has the league’s best mark in the shot put, with a distance of 39 feet, four inches.

On the men’s side, Temple’s Jason Forbes leads a stellar group of jumpers with a pair of league-best jumps.

Forbes tops the A-10 in the triple jump with a distance of 46 feet, seven inches. Temple athletes currently occupy each of the top three positions in the triple, with Robert Leite-Young second with a jump of 45 feet, seven inches and Craig Henry third at 42 feet, 5.25 inches.

Forbes also leads the league in the long jump, with a distance of 23 feet, 3.75 inches.

The other men’s track and field athletes to hold a number-one spot is pole vaulter Kevin Kelly, who shares a league-best height of 13 feet, 9.5 inches with LaSalle’s David Murnane.