Temple in brief

Student Health Insurance The Human Resources Benefits Office is sponsoring an information and enrollment session today for three optional student health insurance plans. From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Kiva Auditorium of the

Student Health Insurance

The Human Resources Benefits Office is sponsoring an information and enrollment session today for three optional student health insurance plans. From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Kiva Auditorium of the Ritter Hall Annex, students can learn more about and register for health insurance.
For more information, call the Human Resources Office at (215) 204-1321.

Black History Month Events

Temple celebrates “Black Legacies at the Dinner Table,” Feb. 27 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. by offering a sampling of “soul food” prepared by Temple’s dining services in the university’s dining locations.
A day of “Black Bondage and Ivory Tower: An Analysis of U.S. Racial Dynamics in Education” will be held March 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Walk Auditorium of Ritter Hall.
From 9 a.m. to noon Sundiata Keita Cha-Jua from the University of Illinois will speak on “The History of Bondage and the Bondage of History.”
From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Alice McIntyre of Hellenic College will host a lecture on “Activist Research and Student Agency: Confronting Whiteness in Universities and Urban Communities.”
The event is sponsored by the Counseling Psychology Program.

Friday Teach-In

Every Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Professor Ralph Young and the students in his Dissent in America class hold a weekly teach-in in Gladfelter 914 to discuss the historical backgrounds of current political issues.
The Feb. 27 teach-in will feature Evan Hoffman and Thomas Mosher on “Contemporary Protest Music.”