Temple Tweets

Now, more than ever, I am clinging to Twitter. In life, we all need a rock, and Twitter is mine. If I could give Mother Nature a big sloppy kiss for making the erosion of

Now, more than ever, I am clinging to Twitter. In life, we all need a rock, and Twitter is mine. If I could give Mother Nature a big sloppy kiss for making the erosion of rocks a slow process, I would. While Twitter and I are slowly wasting away together like the couple from “The Notebook,” it is apparent that other things are wasting away faster. For

example, the understanding that this is an attempt at humor, and I am really just taking blows at myself – that idea quickly went out the window for many.

But, tweeters, it is all OK. I realized that a good sense of humor is typically correlated with a high level of intelligence. With each sip of wine and each clever tweet, I remind myself the reason I am misunderstood is because everyone else is stupid. Revelations are so refreshing.

Even if I am refreshed, it doesn’t mean that the end of the semester isn’t a few sunsets away. One may think that I would have a plethora of regrets regarding my time here at Temple, and whoever would think that would be absolutely correct. I do have one major regret: not starting an organization with the most creative integration of the word

“Temple.” Templana would envy me and the TemPALS would be impressed.

@TempleDems: TCD is getting really excited for convention!!

Tems. Tempocrates. Demple. Temperance sounds like a nice political word. Too bad everyone associates the word temperance with the Temperance Movement. Who would want to be involved with Temple Dems if they thought they didn’t drink? Republicans?

@TempleCRs: What would you like to see out of the club in the future?

I don’t think I should grapple with giving Temple’s College Republicans a more clever Temple name – I get myself into enough trouble. Don’t get me wrong, it is super fun to think about possible names for the organization.

@templecats: Help out a friend of @templecats – little Abigail needs eye surgery, and it won’t be cheap!

Temple cats should totally be called caTU. Makes me sad that TUTV wouldn’t be interested in a show about cats because we could easily call it caTUTV. Plus, I feel like even though I don’t really know much about Temple cats, they followed me when my kitties, @RonnieKITTY and @RodhamKITTY were first mentioned. See, my babies and I will be famous.

A little birdie, an owl to be specific, told me Temple will probably try to give the members of Owl City an honorary degree just so that they can forge some kind of popular cultural connection with Owls.

Samantha Krotzer can be reached at samantha.krotzer@temple.edu.