The 2$Bill Concert Series is just 2 Foo 2 be true

Coming on the heels of their latest release, One By One, the Foo Fighters will take to the stage at the Electric Factory, as part of MTV2’s 2$Bill Concert Series, on Nov. 2. MTV2 has

Coming on the heels of their latest release, One By One, the Foo Fighters will take to the stage at the Electric Factory, as part of MTV2’s 2$Bill Concert Series, on Nov. 2.

MTV2 has decided to treat their viewers by sending out big-name bands to big venues for very little money.

It may seem like a rip-off to the artists, who are used to taking in on average $30 per ticket, but for those who have $2 hanging around it can’t get much better.

Throughout the year, MTV2 has picked a different band to perform in a new city on the second of every month.

And the cost of the concert is only $2.

Unfortunately for some Philly fans, $2 was just too good of a deal and the concert sold out the day tickets went on sale.

Never fear fans, their CD is here.

Having lost and gained quite a few musicians over the years, many are rather surprised to see that the band has kept the same lineup going strong for quite some time, surviving not only the Reading Tour but are now on their second CD rotation.

With their now solid line up, the Foo Fighters have created not only another amazing CD, but added some excellent bonuses as well.

Loaded with catchy lyrics that pop, listeners will be glued to their speaker’s from track one straight through 11.

Following the same guideline-like structure from their previous CD’s, Dave Grohl, along with Nate Mendel, Taylor Hawkins and Chris Shiflett have managed to maintain the original integrity of the Foo Fighters, even after all the changes to the band structure over the years.

According to Grohl, “This album is different from anything we’ve ever done, but it still has our fingerprints all over it … So, as much as a departure as it may be, there is still a common thread, which is our sense of melody, or sense of arrangement.”

Compared to their last release, There’s Nothing Left to Loose, One by One is more lyrically up-beat; while at the same time heavier drum and guitar lines create a grungier feel.

Maybe Grohl is trying to reach back to his Nirvana roots through this CD, or perhaps his role in the Queens of Stone Age has rubbed off on his fellow bandmates.

Lyrics for this album, composed by Grohl, are not only clear and poignant, but also extremely well presented by his diverse vocal capabilities.

One of the best examples of the lyrical work is in “All My Life.”

With simple language and complex thoughts, the lyrics enable Grohl to literally explode.

As an added bonus, not only will listeners be able to hear the great new songs, they will be able to see them as well.

The Foo Fighters have taken the liberty of adding an additional DVD full of bonus material including music videos and passwords to access hidden tracks online.