Under the Radar

Throwback Leap Year Party Wednesday, Feb. 29 TIME 1315 Sansom St. 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. Free Timerestaurant.com Leap Year is one of those under appreciated holidays. Unlike Mardi Gras or Halloween, it only happens

Throwback Leap Year Party

Wednesday, Feb. 29

TIME

1315 Sansom St.

9 p.m. – 1 a.m.

Free

Timerestaurant.com

Leap Year is one of those under appreciated holidays. Unlike Mardi Gras or Halloween, it only happens once every four years. But in our eyes, that’s just more of a cause to celebrate.

TIME Restaurant is holding a Throwback Leap Year party on its upstairs level, where DJ Ben Arsenal will spin your favorite throwback jams. We’re not sure how far back he’ll go – Debussy, anyone? But even if the tunes are a bust, TIME will also be serving $4 mixed drinks, including apple-tinis and cosmopolitans.

Philly Craft Beer Festival

Friday, March 3

1:30 – 5 p.m.

The Navy Yard

1413 Langley Ave.

$46-$75

phillycraftbeerfest.com

Imagine a playground of beer, where the Tap of God streams endless golden hop juice into giant steins. Monkey bars made of soft pretzels, sky-high slides that spill into pools of pilsner, spinning beer bottles and unlimited, all-you-can-guzzle beer. Sounds magical, right?

While the annual Philly Craft Beer Festival probably won’t have water slides with stouts or beer bottle ring tosses, that all-you-can-chug element wasn’t a joke. Featuring more than 50 breweries including Yards, Triumph, Anchor, Sly Fox and more, and including more than 100 beers, this festival is the closest beer-lovers will come to heaven on earth.

Heated tents and stands of brewers and beer specialists will line the former Naval Air Strip down at the Navy Yard for the afternoon. Proceeds benefit the Committee to Benefit Children, a volunteer-based charity that seeks to provide financial assistance to children and their families with cancer, leukemia and other blood disorders.

2012 Philadelphia International Flower Show

March 4 – 11

Pennsylvania Convention Center

1101 Arch St.

$20-$27

theflowershow.com

After the previous night’s drunken debacle, cure your hangover and wake up and smell the flowers – literally. With spring approaching, there’s no better way to beat winter’s final chills and take in some warm-weather blooms.

The theme of this year’s show is the Islands of Aloha, and the Convention Center will be transformed into a Pacific paradise. The flowers and plants, as well as art and culture of Hawaii’s islands will be on display, and guests will be able to participate in a traditional luau, complete with hula dancing and music.

Just don’t forget to flash your Owl Card – tickets for students are $20, compared to adult admission for $27. If you can’t drop the dough, don’t worry. More than 65 local businesses throughout the city are participating in the flower show’s window decorating contest, competing to win the one of many categories. Participating businesses include Bredenbeck’s Bakery at 8126 Germantown Ave., Just Dogs Gourmet at 1804 Chestnut St. and London Grill at 23rd Street and Fairmount Avenue.

-Alexis Sachdev