Word on the web

Betty on switching to a flexitarian diet on Dec. 2 at 8:36 p.m. Interesting, I’ve also been paying more attention to diet and nutrition lately. Anyone heard about this upcoming weight loss program created by

Betty on switching to a flexitarian diet on Dec. 2 at 8:36 p.m.
Interesting, I’ve also been paying more attention to diet and nutrition lately. Anyone heard about this upcoming weight loss program created by Kirstie Alley, one of my favorite actresses, no less?!?!? Saw her talking about it on Oprah. I registered here to find out what the heck she’s got going on https://www.kirstiealley.com If you have an opinion on it, or know anything about it, post it here!

Chase on QChat columnist Josh Fernandez’s take on the controversy surrounding singer Adam Lambert’s performance at the American Music Awards on Dec. 2 at 12:39 a.m.
Kudos Josh! I do agree it was blown out of proportion and it is still not dying down. It sickens me because this kid is really good. He has real talent and I think we are only starting to see what he is capable of accomplishing. I’m am confused by the Gay community. Here they see one of their own who is basically being lynched by the media. Why isn’t every single member of the Gay community backing this kid up? Who cares if you think he might have stepped over the line folks are trying to skin him alive! Get out there an pick up at least one copy of his CD. Stand behind him on an blog or two and just get his back. If enough people voice their support for him he’ll get another chance and I doubt he’ll screw up again. Besides whoever his handlers were who did that production should have cautioned him and they obviously did not. So Shame on his management team. Way not to take care of your artist.

R. Howard on the formation of TU Purpose on Dec. 1 at 11:58 a.m.
Thank you Temple University Purpose for your courage and character. All of you are an inspiration for open minds. Keep up the good work; make a difference, and impact the world. “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
John Quincy Adams

Suchi Sairam on the benefits of new “Ergo” designed mice on Dec. 1 at 3:30 p.m.
Can’t agree more, I absolutely love my vertical mouse (happens to be an Evoluent wireless mouse). Has totally taken the strain away from both my hand and the inside of my forearm.

A Tired Adjunct on the workload of adjunct professors on Dec. 1 at 10:24 a.m.
A small clarification: The article states that adjuncts work a maximum of two courses a semester. That is correct, however, I have taught multiple sections of one class. So in the end I can wind up teaching 3-5 classes. So on top of managing ~120 students a semester, I am paid less than teaching assistants and regular faculty and receive no benefits. Because I am saddled with so much work, I can’t find a steady second job to make sure I cover my living expenses. And the lack of health insurance creates a public health risk — for my students and for myself. Temple University, shame on you.

your an idiot on columnist Brian Dzenis’ apology to Temple football coach Al Golden for writing off the team after a loss to Villanova at the start of the season on Dec. 1 at 6:03 p.m.

Your an Idiot… This article sucks… and so do you. You do not have nor will you have “a career”. VC is ten times the QB then you are a reporter. I agree VC is not very good. Al Golden could care less about you and your horrible letter… Your part of the problem.