Writers / reporters for spring semester?

Hi, I’m a journalism major in my junior year at Temple, and I’m interested in working with the student newspaper during this upcoming semester. I doubt this is the best way to apply, but I

Hi, I’m a journalism major in my junior year at Temple, and I’m interested in working with the student newspaper during this upcoming semester.

I doubt this is the best way to apply, but I thought it would get to the right person. I have about 10 clips of articles I wrote for my Journ 0150 class last semester. Just let me know if there’s an email address you’d like me to forward them to.

I also have an article about shopping for textbooks online, which would be great to print towards the start of this semester. In it’s current form the article is 650 words. I cut & pasted the headline, sub-head, and lead below. Hopefully this email will preserve the formatting.

Only Suckers Pay Retail

Online textbook retailers offer relief for strapped students.

We all know the routine. Throw your backpack in the pile outside the store, fight your way through the crowd to find your overpriced books, cuss quietly over their astronomical price, then dedicate the day’s few remaining hours to waiting in the seemingly endless cashier line. Welcome to the Temple University bookstore, where you can waste all day waiting in line to be ripped off while someone steals your unguarded backpack.

Thank you,

Adrian Roth
717-319-7477