Halloween event guide

There will be plenty happening in Philly this Halloween weekend. The Temple News shares its suggestions to spook up your evening.

Oct. 30

Heaven & Hell
Mischief Night Party

Party
Lucky Strike
1336 Chestnut St.
9 p.m., $10-$50

Where there’s good and bad, there must be trouble. Want to get into some mischief? Friday, Oct. 30, Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge presents “Heaven and Hell,” one of the biggest Halloween costume events in Philadelphia. With cash prizes totaling as much as $250 for best group, best individual and sexiest costumes.

The price for general admission tickets, if purchased online, is $10 or $20 for VIP. There will be a two-hour open bar beginning at 9 p.m. VIP tables with bottle services will cost $50 per person and include the two-hour open bar and a table that seats four to six people. These prices will be higher at the door.

You must be 21 years of age to enter, after 9 p.m. ID is required. The entertainment will be DJ John G in “heaven” and a live drummer, DJ Tonka in “hell.” Bowl the night away with some of the scariest and hottest costumes in town.

– Maria Cannon

Oct. 31

Rebirth of a Dynasty
Halloween fashion show

Fashion show
Mitten Hall
1913 N. Broad St.
6:30 p.m.
$10, $7 in advance

After party
Blue Horizon
1314 North Broad St.
9 p.m.
Free

Dynasty Modeling Troupe is hosting its “Rebirth of a Dynasty,” a Halloween fashion show and showcase scheduled for Oct. 31.

The troupe, which has been a mainstay on Temple’s campus since 2005, has invited the entire campus, in costume or not, to come out and support the troupe under its new leadership. If fierce fashionistas are your thing and elegant Gothic pieces tickle your fancy, this is the show for you.

If not, Dynasty has made sure everyone gets into spirit and fun of fright night at the troupe’s True Blood Masquerade After Party. The show is $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Members of the Troupe and models for the show are selling tickets every day next week on campus and at the Dynasty table in the atrium of the Student Center.

The show starts at 6:30 p.m. Halloween Night in the Great Court of Mitten Hall. The after party will be held at Blue Horizon at 1314 North Broad Street (between Thompson and Master streets). Doors open at 9 p.m., with free entry to everyone who comes in a costume or mask before 10 p.m. But don’t be fooled, costumes aren’t necessarily a must.

– Lauren Williams

Zombie!

Party
Rum Bar
2005 Walnut St.
9 p.m., Free

Ever wanted to be a zombie for a night? Come out to the Rum and Bar Lounge on 20th and Walnut streets for Halloween, where you can not only be a zombie but also drink a zombie.

As defined by the Rum and Bar Lounge, a zombie is a tall mixed drink made of various rums, liqueur and fruit juice. Try one out for just $6, or choose a different drink from their extensive rum menu.

If you’re having trouble conjuring up a costume, there will be a makeup artist on site. There will also be a live DJ for all who want to get their freak on, literally. The party starts 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31.

– Grace Dickinson

Spirit of Philadelphia Halloween Cruises

River Cruises
401 S. Columbus Blvd., various times, $35.90-$89.90

The Spirit of Philadelphia is a popular Philadelphia attraction that offers a fresh approach to dining and dancing. The local ship hosts lunch, dinner and moonlight parties with three decks suitable for parties of two to 500. Oct. 31 comes only once a year, and the Spirit of Philadelphia is offering guests three options to dine and dance Halloween-style.

First, there’s the Halloween Costume Lunch Cruise, which includes a generous buffet, live music performances and DJ entertainment. The two-hour event encourages costumes, but they are not required. Tickets are $35.90 for adults and $17.95 for children, and boarding begins at 11 a.m.

The Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner Cruise begins boarding at 7 p.m. and runs until 10:30 p.m. This murder-mystery party is in honor of the famous Don Corleone, where gangsters and flappers from all over enhance the Godfather’s Annual Gala experience. Tickets are $86.90 per adult.

And the night ends with the Annual “Monster-Bash” Moonlight Cruise. Guests must be 21 or older with valid ID. For two hours, the Spirit will become a floating nightclub, complete with entertaining music, midnight munchies, delicious drinks and creative dancing for $30.90 per person. Wild costumes are encouraged, but masks are not allowed.

For tickets, call 866-455-3866 or visit spiritofphiladelphia.com.

– Michelle Kraus

Ongoing

Spirits of ‘76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia

Ghost Tour
Starts at Cosi, 325 Chestnut St., 7:30 p.m., $17.50

The Spirits of ’76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia has combined history and spooky tales in its “Terrifying Tales From Haunted Philadelphia” tour.

Those brave enough to survive the mysterious walk will encounter more than 20 of Philadelphia’s scariest, most haunted places – including the cobblestone streets of Old City and the spirits of Philadelphia’s most notable residents. The ghost tour, which incorporates “One Part History, Two Parts Haunt!,” gives patrons haunted facts about Edgar Allan Poe, who lived in Philadelphia, as well as haunted folklore, which reveals the ghosts who may still live in the city.

In addition, walkers visit local haunted movie sets and certain “paranormal” streets. The ghost tour, named “frightfully fun” by the Philadelphia Inquirer, is sure to please the thrill-seeking, ghost-tale enthusiast.

Visit www.spiritsof76.com/index.php to purchase tickets online, or visit Così at 325 Chestnut St. before each tour departure. Tickets are $17.50 for adults, $12.50 for children (ages 3-12).

Group and private tours are available, but reservations are recommended. Tours run daily at 7:30 p.m. through October. Additional tours are scheduled Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays at 1 p.m. Through November, tours are scheduled Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

– Lauren Sheehan