Panic! At The Disco tweets Temple’s Diamond Marching Band show

Diamond Marching Band performed songs from the rock band’s new album at the Sept. 1 football game against Villanova.

Junior music education major Anthony Huntington plays trombone during halftime of the Owls’ 45-20 win against Southern Methodist at Lincoln Financial Field on Oct. 1. The Diamond Band has received buzz from major recording artists in recent weeks. | GENEVA HEFFERNAN / THE TEMPLE NEWS

Temple University’s Diamond Marching Band received a second shout out from Panic! At The Disco on Twitter on Saturday.

At Temple Football’s game against Villanova on Sept. 1, Diamond Marching Band performed songs from the rock band’s “Pray For The Wicked” album, which was released in June 2018. The marching band performed several songs from the album including “High Hopes,” “Say Amen (Saturday Night),” “Dancing’s Not A Crime” and “The OverPass.”

Some Temple students were excited about Panic! At The Disco’s shout out and replied on Twitter.

During the halftime show, the band regularly performs hit songs from pop artists and groups, like Imagine Dragons and The Weeknd.

The Diamond Marching Band received its first Twitter acknowledgment from Panic! At The Disco in October 2016, for a Youtube video of the ensemble playing Panic! At The Disco songs like “This is Gospel,” “Don’t Threaten Me With a Good Time,” “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” and “Victorious.”