Under the Radar: Munch Around, Rockers Closet Swap, Lester Mobley and Bruce Kramer, Pizza Week

Under the Radar for the week of Jan. 21, 2013.

Munch Around Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, Jan. 26
Noon
$22
Reading Terminal Market

Scavenger hunts are not only for young children at birthday parties anymore. Watson Adventures is a company that hosts various scavenger hunts on a regular basis in Philadelphia as well as other cities. Watson Adventures is hosting a scavenger hunt at Reading Terminal Market that incorporates scavenger hunt questions, which allows those who participate to try some of the interesting foods Reading Terminal Market has to offer. Not only is the scavenger hunt intended to be fun, but it also allows those who participate to explore the Reading Terminal Market with a new perspective.

Rockers Closet Swap
Saturday, Jan. 26
1 P.M. – 7 P.M.
Free
Rockers Closet
818 S. 4th St.

Rockers Closet, a consignment boutique in the city, is offering the opportunity for people to swap their old clothing for merchandise that Rockers’ has in store. Instead of simply donating unwanted clothing, this event gives the opportunity to both get rid of unwanted garments while adding new articles of clothing to your wardrobe. The quality of the garments that are brought to trade decides what variety of clothing that they can be traded for in-store.

Fox Chase Reading Series presents Lester Mobley and Bruce Kramer
Sunday, Jan. 27
2 P.M.
Free
Ryerss Museum and Library
7370 Central Ave.

The Fox Chase Reading Series is presenting two poets with Philadelphia roots, Lester Mobley and Bruce Kramer, to read some of their poetry at the Ryerss Museum.  Mobley and Kramer both have different backgrounds, Mobley having been a “blue collar” construction worker for 30 years and Kramer, a writer from Philadelphia, who has experience writing technical documents. Both men will be presenting their perspectives through their different backgrounds and experiences that have influenced their poetry.  The Fox Chase Reading Series allows poets from different backgrounds to present their poetry to a public forum.

Pizza Week
Jan. 20–25 / Jan. 27 – Feb. 1
$30
Pizzeria Stella
420 S. 2nd St.

An alternative to restaurant week, the Pizzeria Stella is offering a “Pizza Week” offer with a three-course meal, incorporating pizza.  The offer includes the first course of either an antipasta, soup or salad, the second course offers a choice of pizza and the third course is a choice of homemade gelato. The $30 three-course “Pizza Week” meal offer also comes with a beverage of choice – anything from a simple fountain beverage to a glass of wine.  Although there are plenty of other restaurant week options, this offer from Pizzeria Stella allows those to try a three-course meal from the restaurant at a reduced price.