Word on the web

Jon Rob on Philadelphia’s new law banning texting while driving on Nov. 19 at 6:38 a.m. Texting and driving do not go together. I use drivesafe.ly for reading and sending text messages Laura on how

Jon Rob on Philadelphia’s new law banning texting while driving on Nov. 19 at 6:38 a.m.
Texting and driving do not go together. I use drivesafe.ly for reading and sending text messages

Laura on how to try to avoid getting the swine flu on Nov. 17 at 5:58 p.m.
Great article, Sergei! Dr. Axelrod’s advice cannot be stressed enough. People who have any H1N1 symptoms need to do their part to avoid contact with other people–especially for the sake of those not fortunate enough to receive the vaccine. It would go a long way if people who are sick just learn to take care of themselves properly and cover their coughs and sneezes.

Ann on Matt Petrillo’s commentary on Temple play SHOT! not addressing all of the issues that contribute to North Philadelphia’s problems on Nov. 22 at 11:51 p.m.
Admittedly, having not seen the play, I can’t be certain – but I think this article is dead-on. Most attempts to evaluate crime in impoverished areas just turns into pointing fingers and looking to religion for guidance, and often time doesn’t portray any actionable steps toward change. I’ve been following TTN’s coverage of SHOT! closely, and judging from what I’ve read and my own presumptions, the play falls short of accurately conveying all sides of the story, be it from problematic or solution-minded standpoints. That being said, I’d still like to see the play and judge for myself.

Paul Boni on reasons why state-related universities still have not received appropriation funds on Nov. 17 at 9:53 a.m.
It is terrible that our state government is holding Temple hostage. It is being done for purely political reasons. The reason is to put pressure on some lawmakers to vote for the Table Games bill, when in fact it is an awful bill that would push more people into poverty, into bankruptcy, and into foreclosures. The bill would allow casinos to offer credit to people playing slot machines. This is a predatory tactic and would result in the creation of a tremendous number of gambling addicts and compulsive gamblers. This is not about giving people the right to gamble. This is about whether the government should promote the poor and middle class to — not just gamble, not just to max out their ATM card, not just to max out their credit card — but to then, at 3am and after having some free drinks, take out a line of credit to fuel their addiction. If the Table Games bill was a decent bill, it would probably pass easily.

Ali Ahmad on TTN tech columnists Kathryn López and Maria Zankey’s conclusions that “Oversharing can be oversharing” on Nov. 17 at 5:20 p.m.
I agree with the idea but I think Social networks has more business use than for private chats and etcetera