Football Preview: 2024

Temple Football is back for another season. The TTN Sports team has everything you need to know for the upcoming year.

Temple Football is looking for a bounce-back season after three straight 3-9 finishes. Head coach Stan Drayton is optimistic this could be the year the team's fortune finally changes. | OLIVER ECONOMIDIS / THE TEMPLE NEWS

Temple Football is looking to bounce back after a third-straight 3-9 season, and second straight under head coach Stan Drayton. The program has undergone a culture change under Drayton, and the players have bought into the third year coach.

The Owls have brought in more than 40 new players, with many of them expected to take on big roles heading into 2024. How will Temple’s new pieces impact the team? Who will start at quarterback for the Owls? And will it even matter? Will Drayton survive for a fourth season? Can the Owls have their first winning season in seven seasons?

We will try to provide answers to those questions here. Sit back, relax, and welcome to the 2024 TTN Football Preview.

Follow @TheTempleNews and @ttn.sports on all social platforms for even more content.

COLUMN: Stan Drayton deserves the benefit of the doubt

Head coach Stan Drayton has a burning-hot seat. But outside factors that are out of his control might be the biggest contributor. | NOEL CHACKO / THE TEMPLE NEWS

Woodbury taking leadership role on Temple’s defense

D.J. Woodbury has big shoes to fill this season after his injury. | OLIVER ECONOMIDIS / TEMPLE NEWS

Temple’s revamped secondary hopes to soar in 2024

Andreas Keaton and Javier Morton hope to exceed expectations for Temple’s new group of secondary defense. | OLIVER ECONOMIDIS / TEMPLE NEWS
JUAN COLON / THE TEMPLE NEWS

Does Temple’s quarterback problem matter?

Temple Football has yet to decide on a starter QB. | OLIVER ECONOMIDIS / TEMPLE NEWS

Stewart ready to lead new flock of Owls

Ian Stewart returns as a single digit captain following two years of injuries. | ERIKA MONN / TEMPLE NEWS

Mission Impossible: What to know for Temple’s season opener against Oklahoma

The Owls have slim chances at beating The Sooners in the first game of their season on Aug. 30th. | OLIVER ECONOMIDIS / TEMPLE NEWS