Rembert: Student makeup artist a fan of vintage stores

Rembert spoke with one student about her vintage-inspired look.

MELONEE REMBERT
Zaineb Ahmed said it doesn’t matter what people think about personal style. | Luis Fernando Rodriguez TTN

Saudi Arabian freelance makeup artist and junior business management and public relations major Zaineb Ahmed doesn’t shy away from her love of old-fashioned style. Her unusual style is enabled by a passion for fashion and beauty.

The Temple News: How would you describe your style?

Zaineb Ahmed: I would say that it’s vintage and eclectic.

TTN: What stores do you shop at?

ZA: I love thrift stores and vintage stores. I get most of my stuff from Goodwill. One of my favorite stores is called Udelco. That’s actually where I got the outfit I’m wearing now.

TTN: Do you have any style icons or inspirations?

ZA: I really like Janelle Monae. I don’t really look up to anyone in particular. My style isn’t really like one type of thing. I really just wear what I like.

TTN: What styles are you looking forward to this fall?

ZA: I really like the bodysuits and jumpsuits like the one I’m wearing. I like the vintage ones. I know the high-knee socks are really last year, but I still like those. I love Dr. Martens. I love fall because you can wear blazers and stuff like that.

TTN: Do you have any fashion advice for students?

ZA: It doesn’t matter what other people think. Wear what you like. If you think it’s beautiful and you think it flatters your body, that’s all that matters.

TTN: Do you have any favorite items of clothing or beauty products?

ZA: I’m actually a freelance makeup artist. I was really into art in high school and when I graduated I just did it in my free time. Makeup is like my art. I love making women feel beautiful – that’s my passion. I want to start my own makeup business eventually.

Melonee Rembert can be reached at melonee.rembert@temple.edu.