Temple Tweets

At a young age, most of us start to learn fun, stereotypical facts about the 50 states. Old people live in Florida, most people from Connecticut will think they are better than you, and New Jersey is dirty.

Now, dirty might sound like a negative term, but let’s think of it in terms of Christina Aguilera. Tack on a few more R’s, and then we can truly understand the essence of Jersey: Greased up bodies, fake hair, sex and the wrestling rink can easily be replaced by a boardwalk. “Dirrrrrty” is raw and maybe a little bit too real – kind of like MTV’s Jersey Shore. Seven horny guidos and guidettes sharing a relatively crappy shore house while working at a T-shirt store – it doesn’t get more real than that.samantha krotzer

Each week night when the show airs, my Twitter timeline blows up almost as large as Snooki’s fake breasts. With such high ratings, I am sure the producers at MTV fist pumped until they felt carpal tunnel-like symptoms, and word on the street is that the sale of Bumpits increased exponentially. Apparently, bronzer, protein shakes and, without a doubt, Vladimir vodka make for the perfect “situations” in a reality TV show. Tweeps love to tweet about either their love or hate for the show. Although the first season is over, people are still going buckwild over this phenomenon.

@finickyfocalor: Dear Snookie, that orange bronzer looks good on your face, but it would look even better on my sheets-I’m just kidding, but like, seriously.

Good thing you aren’t very good at using Twitter, @finickyfacalor, and did not @reply Snooki. Clearly, you did not see the episode in which she revealed her body image issues.

@MissNicolie: Every time I hear or say “situation” now, I think of The Situation from Jersey Shore.

Me too, @MissNicolie. Me too. It also kind of makes me think anyone who says the word “situation” in any context is some kind of sexual deviant.

@Isabellaiq52: lotto ! Leonardo DiCaprio is huge fan of Jersey Shore

Lotto? More like jackpot. There is nothing in life I would rather do than be the Snooki to Leonardo DiCaprio’s “situation.” Or maybe Leo and I would be more like Ronnie and Sammi. Which is sexier? Either way, my fists would be pumping all night.

@DJpH0: Gratz=fire! TRON HOUSE JERSEY SHORE PARTY TONIGHT!!! Get ready to pump them fists, we alls is getting shitty

Club Karma on Gratz Street. In true Jersey Shore form, I hope some chicks fell off the couch they were dancing on and flashed their vajayjays. It wouldn’t be much of a party if that didn’t happen.

What happens at the Jersey Shore doesn’t always stay there – for example, STDs.

Samantha Krotzer can be reached at samantha.krotzer@temple.edu.