Word on the web

Barb Brown,RN on an article reporting TUHS allegedly overcharged patients on Oct. 27 at 4:07 p.m. Thank you Valerie, for your insightful article which serves to hold a mirror up in front of the Temple

Barb Brown,RN on an article reporting TUHS allegedly overcharged patients on Oct. 27 at 4:07 p.m.
Thank you Valerie, for your insightful article which serves to hold a mirror up in front of the Temple top brass. So, Ms Gomberg feels the union members have an “uninformed position on health care finances in general” — well it doesn’t take a business suit to figure out that between A)Temple’s haphazard and inefficient supply management system and B)the number of inflated six-figure plus salaries on the payroll, that huge amounts of money that should rightfully be used for the support of quality patient care is flying right out the window.

Thomas Geiger RRT on the difficulties of working with TUHS on Oct. 28 at 8:03 p.m.
The week I told my daughter (having worked 8 years Temple Hospital)she could go away to a State College which she was counting on, my supervisor tossed a memo from Temple Administration stating that my Family College Tuition benefit was canceled. We canceled her dream that I a single father of two couldn’t afford! This month I got another memo that canceled my OT pay if I used a Vacation Day that week. The PASNAP Union keeps telling us that TEMPLE HOSPITAL is NOT negotiating in GOOD FAITH. Well I believe them! This is not about $ for RNs and Allied Health Workers, this is about control.

Dannaly Sam on columnist Jimmy Viola’s intimate portrait of Japan on Oct. 29 at 2:41 p.m.
I loved the writing. Vivid images of the fish market in Tsukiji flooded through my mind when I read those lines. I can almost smell the aroma of the fish market right now! I hope to be able to read more stories from you. I’m intending on traveling to Japan to study abroad, too, and I’ve always wondered how much of a culture shock it would be. This article has given me a ton of insight and entertainment.

Mary on Carlene Majorino’s “Coffee-filled conclusions” about H1N1 on Oct. 28 at 3:29 a.m.
I agree, it is important year-round! My child came home from school saying that they learned to cough and sneeze into their elbow with Germy Wormie, and I was totally taken aback. I always covered with my hands. But I went to the website and now I get it, hands touch, elbows don’t!! Kids can touch 300 surfaces in 1/2 hour and they hate to wash their hands. This is a simple thing that can make a huge difference. There is also an entertaining DVD that teaches them in a fun way the elbow cough, as well as other important hygiene habits.